dvd-rom drivers

Status
Not open for further replies.

dethangel

Daemon Poster
well, i got my new motherboard installed, and my new hard drive, BUT, i cant install my operating system as my xp cd isnt bootable and i cant find drivers that work for my liteon ltd-163 dvd rom, it really sucks too, i been working on this thing for days now, any1 know where i can get a driver for it, or have one handy? lol neways let me know if you have any suggestions, and btw i tried a bootable cd, but it kept hanging (at different spot during the initialization, so im pretty sure it was because the cd had a scratch in it) im getting to the point where im just ready to install win 2k (using the 7 boot disks) then install xp over it once ive gotten it installed, what a hassle

does the bios recognize the rom. If so. Then you have to go to MS and get the installation disk program. It is a program that you make 6 floppy disks from then you boot from those then run setup at the prompt. The drivers for the rom drive will be on the 6 disks. If your bios does not recognize the cd rom then there is a problem with your cable or drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom