DVD Rom Drive Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
i know! make an image of the DVD, then transfer it over the network, mount the cd and install!

To do this you need Alcohol %120, insert the BF2 DVD open alcohol and go to "Image Making Wizard" where it says CD protection set it as "general protected cd" and click start. IT will create an image witch you can then transfer over the network. When the image is on the other computer mount it on one of the virtural drives and start installing. You will need a No-CD crack to play it untill you get a dvd drive.

If u need more help just msn me. sproot@exemail.com.au

Sprooty said:
i know! make an image of the DVD, then transfer it over the network, mount the cd and install!

To do this you need Alcohol %120, insert the BF2 DVD open alcohol and go to "Image Making Wizard" where it says CD protection set it as "general protected cd" and click start. IT will create an image witch you can then transfer over the network. When the image is on the other computer mount it on one of the virtural drives and start installing. You will need a No-CD crack to play it untill you get a dvd drive.

If u need more help just msn me. sproot@exemail.com.au

Cool thanks, I might try that but you say you need a crack. Can you play it online without a crack? I know with counter strike you dont need a cd to play it online but you do to play single player, might not be the same though.

good idea. as i said i have no idea about modern games. but i figure its on a dvd-rom so if its single layer it could have up to 4.7gb of data on it, if its dual layer up to 8.5gb. keep in mind FAT32 formatted drives do not support single files larger than 4gb so if the disc is larger than this the .iso will be as well.

nitestick said:
good idea. as i said i have no idea about modern games. but i figure its on a dvd-rom so if its single layer it could have up to 4.7gb of data on it, if its dual layer up to 8.5gb. keep in mind FAT32 formatted drives do not support single files larger than 4gb so if the disc is larger than this the .iso will be as well.
Both computers have NTFS drives - what size files do they support?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom