DVD-ROM can't read any disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

b1gapl

Mod Emeritus
I just installed this dvd-rom into my computer, which has XP, and when it doesn't read anything. I checked all the cables, and they're all properly connected. The dvd-rom is a Samsung SD-612. I tried looking for the drivers on their website, but its not there. How can I fix this?

well you obviously have a problem. maybe its not properly connected, maybe there are no drivers at all installed for it (even though XP should still pick it up), or maybe you have bad cables, plugs, or something else. definitely do a google search for drivers FIRST!! do it and install an updated driver even before you make another post.

check your connections, are you using one ribbon cable to connect two drives? because if you are try using one ribbon cable for each drive, because i had the same problem and finally got my dvd drive to work.

Make sure the power supply is hooked up correctly (I've seen them plugged in backwards), and pushed in ALL the way. Also make sure the pins are not bent. For a DVD, make sure you have it set on Master or Cable Select (I use Cable Select).

Did you get any software with the DVD when you bought it? If so, use it to install whatever drivers they provide for now. You can update later.

Then if it still does not see it in Device Manager, try deleting it then scan for new hardware. Liz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom