DVD Rom

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkblade

Solid State Member
hi back again, weird thing wiith my dvd rom drive.
its was fine until i try one of this programs that rip dvds. the damm DVD stop working, cant wacth any DVDs or Play Any DVDs cds that i get from the Mags, but there is no problem playing cd on the same drive, any idea? this is not the first time it happen to me,
before i had another dvd rom drive and same thing happen bought a new one and BANG same Crap again! any ideas?

Peace...

I would say, uninstall or roll back the drivers.

Or update to the most recent. I can't see a DVD drive going bad like that. We have had our DVD-RW/CD-RW combo and it works fine. Ripping and playing any DVD/CD.

hi and thanks for the comments found the name or the dvd rom is a HL-DT-ST DVD Rom GDR8161B made by LG Electronics. looked everywhere for the drivers but cant find them for this model.
i have try drivers.com but nothing. do u guys know any other website for drivers?
Peace...

on the link

Error 404--Not Found
From RFC 2068 Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1:
10.4.5 404 Not Found
The server has not found anything matching the Request-URI. No indication is given of whether the condition is temporary or permanent.

If the server does not wish to make this information available to the client, the status code 403 (Forbidden) can be used instead. The 410 (Gone) status code SHOULD be used if the server knows, through some internally configurable mechanism, that an old resource is permanently unavailable and has no forwarding address.

Peace...

The link worked for me,,, went right to the global site link,,,

no issues,,

try again,, and it you get the same error,, refresh a couple of times,, could be the dns of your ISP is not sharp,,

cheers,

thanks guys one again you help me out, found the driver for the DVD rom, so now i can watch DVDs with no problem. bt when i insert a DVD from a Magazine to try the demos or programs that comes it it, strange thing happen, it makes a sound like the dvd is jumping or skipping, any idea? but it only happen when playing mag dvds not the movies dvds, and yes i have try more that one dvd that comes with the mag.

(fix one problem 3 more turn up)

Peace...

howdy
i seem to be in the same boat that darkblade was in, however im clueless and dont know which driver to get off LG's site.

anyone know?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom