DVD problems in Windows XP

Status
Not open for further replies.
hahaha.. sounds like a plan to me.. try a different DVD drive if you happen to have one to try.

sure don't but I plan on calling the MS support desk (like that'l help) and see what they say.

Thanks for the help though.

I installed PowerDVD and it seems to have helped a little. I still have problems ejecting the disk manually, but windows seems to have no problems doing it for me. Unless I try to use a program to do it, the XP complains.

Just out of curiousity,,, did you happen to FDISK and Format C when you did you XP install??

I have had to rebuild a number of systems where XP was simply run as an upgrade over an existing Win98 install.. sounds like it shouldnt be a problem right?

Well,, seems more like WRONG!,, the Latency Drivers in XP seem to install improperly on an upgrade,, this can cause numerous glitches in Hardware,and Apps,,

Plus,, did you happen to see if there is a BIOS update for your MOBO,, some manufacturers require that you run an update in order to SUPPORT XP,,,

My inclination is to backup files,, research and download all updates for your hardware,, FDISK, FORMAT and reinstall a CLEAN copy of XP,,

You may have better luck in the long run,, and not be "turned off" by the move to XP,,,

cheers, and good luck!

Actually, this is a new (used) hard drive. But I did fdisk and format it. It had fat32 but I changed it to ntfs.

But with the trouble with the microsoft support center, I'm thinking about switching to Linux anyway. But before I do, I have a friend with a dvd drive and I'm gonna try switching drives to see if that helps any.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom