DVD multisession

Status
Not open for further replies.

tikitaha

Baseband Member
Can anyone tell me wat's that coz when i was abt to burn my dvd Nero came a warning msg saying u abt to create a mulitsession write once disc.. session no.2 and above will not be readable wif some dvd-rom drives and operatings prior to Window XP..

hrm..jsut looked it up then but it seems a multi session is spliting a file over 2 discs, is what your trying to burn to big for 1 disc or somthing?

I dont think its a size problem...
The same message appears to me when I burn multisession DVDs with Nero and I usaully clck OK

Untill now, didnt have any problems with the DVDs burned. Also, tried them on more than 1 DVD drive and worked.

Not sure though why the message appears...

i have burnt multisession DVD's on Roxio, and same mmessage appears, luckily all my PC's are on WinXP, so never had any problem reading data out of them.

Multisession means that you will be able to add data to the disc at a later time (or another session). I've heard that this should only be able to work with RW discs, however I've done it w/ just R discs more than a few times. I don't know if it's the same for DVD's though.

A multisession disc burned in Nero will only be able to be added on in a different session by Nero. Likewise a multisession disc burned in another app will not be able to be added upon in Nero.

As synergy said, multisession enables you to burn files to the CD/DVD later on. This works with all CDs/DVDs not only with RWs.
The only difference is that in RWs, you can erase all the data burned on the CD/DVD but on regular CDs/DVS, you can't. You can just add to the existing data.

A multisession disc burned in Nero will only be able to be added on in a different session by Nero.

I've burned CDs and DVDs multisession using Nero and was able to add to them using Roxio.
Similarly, I burned some data using Roxio and was also able to burn multisession using Nero.

(When doing so, a message appears that Multisession was not created by Nero...just click ok and you can continue burning your multisession cd or dvd)

I dont know if it works with all software though

what the message is telling you is that the format you are creating might not be compatible with older windows version. if the computer is running win98 it may not be able to read that disc. this is implying that this is a limitation with older windows versions

ekÆsine said:
what the message is telling you is that the format you are creating might not be compatible with older windows version. if the computer is running win98 it may not be able to read that disc. this is implying that this is a limitation with older windows versions

if it is win 98 on later. you can add a UDF reader to be able to read the disc. Xp is the only OS that has a UDF reader built in.

Adaptec has the best one. Universal Disc Format. the versions are 1.02 (dvd-rom), 1.50 or 1.05 (dvd video), 2.00 and 2.01 (data for both)

http://www.download.com/3000-2100-9497911.html?tag=pop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom