DVD Drives not working at all...PLEASE HELP!! - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login
Closed Thread

Old 10-26-2004, 07:43 PM   #11 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Send a message via AIM to Nub Wagon

Zero, yes I have checked my cable connections. As mentioned earlier, I had replaced my original IDE cable from my DVD drives to the motherboard. That didn't help at all. I had also made sure that the jumpers are set correctly for the LG. I do not have the Sony connected right now, so the LG is set to master.

Inaris, I am currently using DVD X Copy Platinum for backing up my DVD collection. I had also tried some other DVD burning applications (1 click DVD copy and CopyToDVD). When I removed CopyToDVD, the Patin-Couffin drivers were removed as well, so I reinstalled it but currently do not use that particular application. However, this problem started well before I removed any DVD related applications.

Old 10-26-2004, 08:59 PM   #12 (permalink)
Banned

do you have a legit copy of xp and have you been to windows update?

that had happen to my cousin's computer b4 and microsoft was behind it

Old 10-26-2004, 11:43 PM   #13 (permalink)
Newb Techie

I have been to the Windows Update site several times to see if there are any downloads that could apply to this problem. I haven't found any so far.

When you say that this happened to your cousin and Microsoft was behind it, do you mean that Microsoft was part of the problem or that Microsoft backed him up & helped him to fix the problem? If Microsoft was part of the problem, then I am most likely going to reformat & install a clean copy of XP again cuz I am out of options!
Old 10-27-2004, 12:06 AM   #14 (permalink)
Banned

He had bought a computer from a computer shop. windows update messed it up because it was a bootleg copy of xp.

to make a long story short, after a few well place threats
the guy bought him a legal version of xp

after all he had charge him 700.00 for the computer.

you probably have to reformat any way
Old 10-29-2004, 01:15 AM   #15 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Thumbs up Update...

Just as an update to my problem:

I recently re-installed Windows and the problem hasn't been fixed. I since called LG & told them of my problem. They are sending me stickers to affix to the box that contains the dead drive that I will be sending back to them. They in turn will be sending me a brand new one. Not a bad deal at all. The only question now is; How long am I gonna hafta wait till I get my new drive?? We'll see...
Old 10-29-2004, 01:40 AM   #16 (permalink)
Banned

that wierd.

2 different dvd drives dying around the same time
Old 10-29-2004, 03:09 AM   #17 (permalink)
Newb Techie

Yes, I found it to be very weird also. But I had the Sony DVD-ROM drive for a good while longer than I had the LG drive. It really doesn't bother me that the Sony died, but the LG is a different story. I had spent over $100 on the drive, so I want a new one ASAP cuz I've had it for less than a year (bought it in January). My father had recently sent me a new DVD-ROM drive just so I would have something to use in the meantime. It's working, just not that great.

Closed Thread