DVD/CD-Rom Questions and More...

Status
Not open for further replies.

G-Snake

Beta member
Ok I have a few questions for you guys, if you wouldn't mind answering if you could, that would be awesome.

My first question is the most urgent one...

Can a Power Supply (mine is 300W) affect the speed of a CD/DVD-ROM (i have a 52x24x52x DVD-ROM/CD-RW Reader/Burner)? I've noticed that i can only burn at like 16x sometimes when other times i could burn at 40x (before I installed my Radeon 9800 PRO 128 which also hooks up to my power supply)...could the slowness of my DVD/CD-Rom (which also installs slow too) be related to my wattage of my power-supply?

Secondly, i'm selling the computer i have now for $500 which an awesome deal, plus i sold my old video card for $80 (need money for driver's course). I gained good profit after selling my sound card for $125 (i can live with on-board sound). Tell me if you think this is a good Mobo/CPU package...

ASUS K8V SE Del Socket 754
with AMD Athlon 64 3000+
K8V SE Deluxe is a perfect merge of the latest AMD Athlon 64 processor with AMD64 architecture and VIA's K8T800 chipset to juice up your system. Enjoy fast performance with HyperTransport, an ASUS Wi-Fi slot, AGP 8x, S/PDIF digital audio, IEEE 1394, Dual SATA RAID, and other advanced features.
Can$ 379.99

And one last question...what are the differences (minus the $50) between an AMD Athlon Sempron and an Athlon 64 both having the same clock speed (lets say 3000+). Would it be worth it to spend the extra $50 on the 64-bit version for just casual internet use and some online gaming (CS: Source and Battlefield 2)?

Thanks in advance...i know i asked alot, so any help would be greatly appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom