DVD burning process.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawnskeel

In Runtime
I have a DVD-RW drive on my computer. I know that I must first get the image to the computer, then to a disk. It's a long process. I was wondering if I add another DVD-ROM drive, will I be able to simultaneously get the files from the dvd and write them to the writeable disc in the DVD-RW drive? Is it faster?

You can do that but errors happen a lot more frequent, When burning a backup I have it make a copy onto my hard drive and then to the other drive, and either surf the net or play a game that doesn't need a disk in the drive. However I now have a 2nd PC just for that, so my main PC does not get tied up. But your best bet if you have 2 disk drives is to copy the ISO file to your HD and then to your disk, or you may risk burning a read error, putting it on the HD it corrects those errors before burning. and having two drives is faster and you don't have to worry about loading a blank disk if you walk away.

Dauntae

Faster yes, will it simultaneously write to the disc, No ... Assuming you are using any standard DVD burning software. The second drive reads the DVD you are trying to copy and loads the files on to your PC. Once it is done, (make sure you left a blank disc in the burner) it copies the files over to the black disc (the main drive) without the need of you manually swapping the disc which will cost you time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom