DVD burners

Status
Not open for further replies.
NEC is what I am using right now, it's a piece, half of my discs end up as coasters. I don't mind OEM if it saves me a little bit of money, I'm positive I'll get my 50 bucks out of it before it dies.

So, what is this bitsetting? I don't really do real backups persay, but I do burn my MP3's and Video's as a data disc to save some space on my computer, will it effect anything then?

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I do want 16X DVD, because I burn so many of them, but 8X will do.

Truth be told midline 16x burners only knock about 4 seconds off your time. So save the few dollars and go with 8x the speed/money just isnt worth it.

The brand I would suggest is pioneer plextor benQ or LG.

I used an LG in my last one and its still been running for almost a year. Never buy a Sony or a Samsung optical drive theyre cheap and good luck with any help with warranties with them.

Thats just me though i wont buy anything from Sony not even a PS2. Thats because they ripped me out of a 300 disc changer for me home theater. But thats a whole other story lol just dont buy Sony please! ;)

I love Plextor, I have a wicked fast Plextor CD-R/W in my very first computer that I gave to my step-daughter, but I can't afford it right now. So I guess it's a toss up between Samsung and LG, the Pioneers are just slightly out of my price range and since I'm buying it with my fiancee's money, I have to strictly obey the price range. :)

Yeah, and I'm not about to buy a Sony anyways.

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!

I say we boycot Sony whos with me!! LoL no good choice with the LG samsung is up to you. Most likely you wont have a problem. I just seem to have problems with optical drives.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom