DVD burner not compatable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
SATA look for SATA ports on the mob and power supply if you have SATA slots on the mobo but not power, its 20$ for a new power supply with SATA you gunna need to return that drive for a SATA one though or, you can get SATA to IDE converters wich I use when ghosting drives so I dont have to switching cables

Thats not the problem. We know, FOR A FACT, that the motherboard support DVD drives. Take out the second drive and put it on the PCI card. Connect the DVD drive to the second's drives old spot.

is there any way to get the dvd hooked up and keep both hard drives hooked up?? i really need them both.

you can get a sata to ide converter

converter

If he does not have the ide card already, it would probably be cheaper to invest in a couple sata to ide converters. they are worth the money. I have one myself hooked up to my LG burner.

His mobo also has 4 unused sata 3.0 ports.

so what you guys are saying is if I get a ide to sata converter and plug my dvd burner in it will still work that way?

also will I need to buy some cables or are the ones on the converter long enough to reach, it has to go from the dvd burner (at top of case) to the sata port (botton of mobo)

those are pretty cheap, like ~3 on newegg. (hopefully you live in usa)

and also, you can get a pci-ide card, and do it that way, which ever way is simpler for you (and cheaper)

I just perfer sata because it makes the wire-management in the case way easier to manage, and the data interface is pretty fast. theres many options you can go with:

1: get a pci-ide card

2: get a sata dvd burner

3: get a sata-ide converter

4: get a usb-ide converter

5: drop a hdd and hook up your dvd when its needed (cheapest, lol)

I live in canada but is there ny place in canada to get a sata ide converter?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom