DVD Burner... or just a waste of $269?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MinDFreeZ

In Runtime
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Awhile back I bought a DVD burner for $269... I was 16 at the time and didn't have much money, so this meant a lot to me. Now, 8 months later, I still can't burn a dvd. I have Nero 6 Ultra Edition, RecordNow max, some Roxio Suite... but I still can't burn DVDs. On the box the drive came with it says Verbatim DVD+ Producer... the driver says _NEC DVD+RW ND-1000A in my list of hardware. I've searched everywhere to find the answer to why this thing doesn't burn and I can't find it. I'm guessing that most burning software just doesn't support this drive... One time I used a program called DeepBurner (when I had my last motherboard and processor), and it worked with a data DVD, so I used the same program now, and it wont work. It was just a very lucky day I guess. Other than that, it burns regular cds with no problem. RecordNow MAX doesnt recognize any compatible drives, so thats out. I'm using the right media, because I'm using the DVD+RW that came with the drive. I also have some 4x Memorex DVD+R and a bunch of Maxell DVD+R Discs.. I can't burn anything.. it drives me nuts. I've looked for driver updates, and I can't find any. Does anyone know about this?

Have you checked for updates on your burning software??
Or maybe the DVD-RW drive itself for a firmware update?

Is your PC up to date with the latest patches and SP?

Simple questions that could make life a little easier.

Yes.. Windows update, all driver updates. Checked for firmware/driver upgrades, it was the same as my current... and I've tried so many burning programs, nero SHOULD be able to work.. but it doesn't work for DVD.. there was only 1 time that it worked.. it burned a data DVD completely full 4.7gigs and it took a little over an hour... that was with Astonsoft's Deepburner.. but now it doesnt work.. I can't figure out why I could burn that one time.. :-/

maybe you are using the wrong dvd cd's there is a differeence between dvd+r and DVD-R

Is your copy of Nero up to date (vers 6.3) as pre 6.3 is notorious for NOT finding the DVD side of the DVDRW....it will only give the burn to Image Drive option (its happened to me twice) for DVD recording?.... Oh, and if Nero cant find the DVDRW it will stop other apps finding it too as it forces its own ASPI upon the OS.

Is your ASPI layer OK? You can check this with ASPICHK.exe or from within Nero (the Nero Info Tool).

I think you may be on to something there....... this was wierd
snap1.jpg

"Nero ASPI is installed and working properly".. now look when I choose "System ASPI"..
snap2.jpg

What does this mean?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom