Dusting your pc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok, I guess I'll burn up couple of those air canisers from Staples. Thanks for all the replies dudes...

Im a Car tech and use air commpressor and you do need a GOOD moisture trap or youll shoot water all over it lol .Sense ive been repairing computers ive seen some pretty nasty ones with dust caked in them.You could probably fill up a medium size card board box with dust that ive jeted out of computers.Dusting out your computer is an important maintenance procedure that you need to do on a regular bases.Depending on the environment your computer is in i recomend once every six months at least.
Once every 3 months with a really dusty area .Dont forget to blow out the Power Supply .Id also recomend doing it outside when its nice and sunny or a garage when its raining :)

first its not compressed air, its some sorta chemical, ive known ppl to huff on "compressed air" cans, sry but huffing air doesnt give ppl a buzz

second comparing an air compressor with a pc case isnt even logical, case fans and cases dont compress the air, at least not noticably.

third, its a matter of opinion, and give and takes, blow it out with a can of stuff u make a mess and chance blowing even more dust down around the cpu and in connectors n shit when it wouldnt have settled there to begin with, use a vacuum and spaz and u will b buying new hardware.

btw turn the "air" can upside down for ur own homemade freezing gun. i had fun freezing all those damn japanese beetle thingys when they invaded my room and everyone elses last summer :)

There's a chemical mixed in with the air to prevent condensation. Also, most canned-air products are aerosol-like dispensers. So you get the high (for idiots who sniff these things...idiots) from the propellents, not the air...

You can find environmentally friendly canned-air products, too. They're harder to find, though, and have a habit of not lasting long and "spitting."

You can also get a re-chargable canister, which has a pump that's kinda like a BB-gun, where you pump it up for the pressure instead of using propellents. The problem here is that they're a pain, often big, and there's no prevention against spitting moisture at your components.

Most compressed air IS compressed so I don't know what you are talking about. most of the time it is Co2 I believe or N2o, but N2o is found in whipcream.

These people are getting 'high' off it because basically it's cutting oxygen to their brain and killing them....yeah death is a great high :rolleyes:

The Compressed Co2 does NOT spit out any moisture. If liquid does come out then you aren't holding it according to the directions. Also if it does squirt out, likes already been said it dries up in like 3 seconds because it's not water vapor

alrighty just because i have a can of the stuff and im reading the back of it ..only reason i know this.... it some some chemical called difluoroethane. Warnings Include... Product can be ignited under certain circumstances, liquid contents may cause frostbite, and for all u that think its funny to inhale....DELIBERATELY INHALING CONTENTS MAY BE FATAL... as in you DEAD!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom