[ DUMB QUESTION ] - Socket 7

Status
Not open for further replies.

ADZ

Fully Optimized
I have an AMD K6 450 mghz chip lying around and I was wondering if it will fit in a Socket 7 mobo or if it fits in another kind. I cannot remember for the life of me (Please dont laugh) :p

:eek:

Socket 7 chips are Pentium I class chips. Socket 7 is from the good old days when a single motherboard could accomodate Intel chips, AMD chips and Cyrix chips on the same mobo. Since your chip is Pentium II class, I doubt it will fit on you socket 7 mobo... Sorry! By the way, here is some info on your chip: http://www.geek.com/procspec/amd/k6+3dmmx.htm

ADZ said:
I have an AMD K6 450 mghz chip lying around and I was wondering if it will fit in a Socket 7 mobo or if it fits in another kind. I cannot remember for the life of me (Please dont laugh) :p

:eek:

AMD K-5/K-6 work in socket 7 boards just fine. Just be sure that you can set the core voltage to the proper setting.
A "super" socket 7 was a little more "advanced" and supported a larger variety of CPU's.
I just finished setting up a K-6/2 plus 450 about a week ago.
That sucker works pretty good. (For an old POS:p )

Cheers Guys! It fits in the computer, i somewhat nervous about turning the bloody thing on though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom