Duel monitors with two video cards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThrowingChicken

Baseband Member
I recently purchased an emachine (#T3256) and I installed a Xtasy ATI Radeon 9600 256MB AGP video card, as well as an older SIS 64MB PCI video card with the hopes of running a muilti monitor system - which for the most part works, but I am having some trouble and any help would be greatly apreciated. The main problem I am having is that the SIS card is acting as the main video card, when for obvious reasons I'd rather have the ATI card run as the primary device. I have already selected "Use this device as the primary monitor" under the Display Properties' Settings tab, but the system still sees the SIS card as the main card over the ATI. The main conflict right now comes when I want to run a newer game that would require the specs of the ATI card. The game sees the SIS card as the main card, and even though the game will be on the monitor pluged into the ATI it wont run. Also, when booting the computer up, all start up messages and the emachine logo load up on the monitor pluged into the SIS until windows loads the display properties.

Here is an example of the kind of error I get when runing the Halo2 demo:
haloerror.gif

http://throwingchicken.com/offsite/haloerror.gif

If anyone can help I would greatly apreciate it. If you need anymore information just let me know.

Thanks

No, It does not without something i believe is called ramselect, but im not sure about this at all. I am using the SIS card because i happend to have it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom