duel monitors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

pts2800

In Runtime
i will be needing a new computer for school soon (might wait till collage cus the collage i want to go to gives you free ones), but anyway i am running a laptop right now and thinking about getting a desktop, but i would want to have duel monitors cuz i end up having alot of windows up. so with compouter will be mainly for school work, so nothing expensive.

where my questions:
1. will i be able to simple drag a window to one monitor to the other?
2. is there certain parts i will need?
3. any disadvantages?
4. will i be able to have two separate start screens but use the same mouse easily?
5. is it actually worth the extra monitor? (these world be cheap 15inch)

1. Yes
2. No, just a 2 port video card and maybe some free software.
3. Desktop sucks for college, grab a laptop.
4. Huh?
5. You have bad spelling and grammar.

1-yes
2-a video card with two video outs, but almost all have that
3-takes more graphical power, but if your not gaming, then no
4-the mouse can go all the way across real easy. Get a good one, with 2000dpi or higher

dag on, beat me to it

1-yes
2-a video card with two video outs, but almost all have that
3-takes more graphical power, but if your not gaming, then no
4-the mouse can go all the way across real easy. Get a good one, with 2000dpi or higher

dag on, beat me to it

Don't I always?

what do u mean by 2 seperate start screens? i would go with a laptop and have a monitor in you apartment/room/dorm when you use it there.

im not a very good adjudicator, but CALM DOWN everyone!!!

And for Qn 5, i'd probably say no, its better to stick with one higher res screen than two smaller ones, since with a larger res, u can get more windows in anyways...

Also, why dont u (if your laptop has video out) just get another monitor, hook it up to the laptop, and run hte screens concurrently (i tried it and it works with my mum's laptop....)...

Then you can save money on the pc, and keep your laptop and get a better monitor!

im not a very good adjudicator, but CALM DOWN everyone!!!

And for Qn 5, i'd probably say no, its better to stick with one higher res screen than two smaller ones, since with a larger res, u can get more windows in anyways...

Also, why dont u (if your laptop has video out) just get another monitor, hook it up to the laptop, and run hte screens concurrently (i tried it and it works with my mum's laptop....)...

Then you can save money on the pc, and keep your laptop and get a better monitor!

thats a good idea, i might end up trying that

Don't insult people, this forum is for helping people who need help. I will hand out awards to people who continue to do it.

1) Yes.
2) A graphics card with dual outputs any modern card will be more than fine.
3) The cheaper your card the older it is (normaly) an the older your card you will not be able to game as well that is if you plan to game.
4) Yes the mouse will cross from one screen to another.
5) I would get a better size monitor 17in wide screen to take full advantage.

Again Keep this thread on topic next time I have to clean it up I will hand out awards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom