duel channel memory

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlr

In Runtime
hi can someone put me strait on the duel channel memory from what i can work out if i buy two sticks of 256mb memory that has been tested to work in duel channel would this be faster than buying 1 stick of 512 mb

The Dual channel will be a bit faster than one stick of 512mb and the 2 x 256mb stick will also overclock better than the 512mb because the 256mb sticks of ram are single sided and will generate less heat and therefore a better overclock.

Neosteve

hi, instead of making a seperate thread, i just wanted to ask the same thing here...

i ordered 1 stick of Crucial pc3200 and a month later i went back to the site and ordered (what i thought) was the exact same stick...another Crucial pc3200...

however when i received the 2nd stick i could tell just by it's appearance, one side had 4 blocks and the other stick had 8 blocks on both sides.

my mobo will NOT work in Dual mode, but i'll keep it anyways, cause it still works in single channel, oh well.

but make sure to really get identical pairs!

what's the best dual RAM should i get?

Buy the ram in a dual channel kit thats the best way to make sure they will run in dual channel because they test it at the factory.

but when it says duel channel this doesent mean it runs twice as fast, so what would it run at i mean 2 256 runing in duel channel woudent be as fast as two 512s would it

No one said dual channel made it run twice as fast.

You have two sticks of RAM. Each one goes in what's labeled as Channel A and Channel B on your motherboard. The CPU is then able to access each channel simultaneously instead of getting through one stick and accessing another.

This gives you roughly 5-20% increase in performance.

thanks for clearing that up nubius its been bugging me all day i was hoping youd come on and clear that up lol (by the way you spelled serial wrong in your sig)

thanks for clearing that up nubius its been bugging me all day i was hoping youd come on and clear that up lol
NP

(by the way you spelled serial wrong in your sig)
Thats cause it's not Serial ;) It says Serillel which is an Abit adapter that allows you to run an IDE drive on a SATA port. A combination of Serial and Parallel.....clever aren't they? :)

Trust me I rarely make typing mistakes ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom