Dual Screens!

Status
Not open for further replies.

makaveli#1fan

Baseband Member
Dual Screens : Swordfish Style?

I wanna hook up a second screen to my one computer, i have only an onboard AGP card and a Gforce2MX400 AGP card, and it wont let me use both AGP cards at once, i want to extend my desktop onto the other screen! I tried it with my onboard and an old PCI graphics card, and it worked but was sluggish and kept freezing, so i borrowed an AGP card of a friend and it wont let me use it! Any Help?

Wont happen, you cant mix integrated and non integrated graphics. You can how ever, with a lot of fiddling get the Geforce card and the PCI card to work. Put both in the machine and see if you can force the computer to see the second monitor. This will be done with your display properties.

PC4hire> You CAN mix a pci card with integrated graphics I have an integrated video card and a geforce2 mx 400 and I connected both to have dual output

you can but the performance will blow unless you have one bad a@@ pci card. The agp and pci will offer much better performance. The integrated will take a chunk of your system memory. If you can afford it go with the agp and pci.

and pci video cards are really outdated now...

the best way to get dual screens would be to simply get a good agp card that supports it.

that way you aren't sacrificing performance. i usually have my tv and my monitor hooked to my computer and i can use them both at once, or interchange whenever i need to

speaking of which>
I have a Geforce2 mx400 with dual output yet I have been unable to get both ports to output at the same time so I had to use the primary port on the Card and the integrated card for the secondary

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom