Dual Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

dandaman

Beta member
Hey. I'm new here and I was wondering if anyone could explain dual processors to me. I've only heard vaugly about them, I would like to know more. I'm interested in finding ways to enhance my technology to optimize me 3d animation and video production, so any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanx
Dan

dual processors is where you have a motherboard that has 2 individual processors on it (xeon or G5 are the only ones that support it right now) it is really good for video rendering because essntialy you can process info twice as fast

Ok

Ok. Can I get some more details? What are the pros and cons of dual processors? Would it be a good choice for my heavy editing & animtaion programs, or are there any other alternitives I should look to? Like I said, I want to get the best out of my machine so I can use my programs to their top efficency. Anyways, Thanks for the help. Later.
Dan

if youre going with a pc, you dont need 2x processors, just get a P4 @ 3.2 ghz w/800 mhz fsb, itll be alot cheaper than a 2x xeon @ 3.06 ghz w/ 533 mhz fsb

dethangel said:
(xeon or G5 are the only ones that support it right now)

Athlon MP has been out for a while and is big in the duel processor market.

Anyway, don't waste your time/money on a duel setup unless your running a web server or something like that. The program decides if you can utilize the second cpu. Games will not run faster. Check out Tomshardware.com He did a nice story with benchmarks comparing a single cpu to double cpu system.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom