Dual Processors

Status
Not open for further replies.

str8lazy

In Runtime
If you have a dual processor motherboard, do you have to have 2 of the same processors to put in the board, or can you mix them like a 2500+ and 2800+???

I think but im not sure that they have to be the same CPU (core) but not sure on the speed.

I think the fsb has to be the same in both and the clock speed can be anything. but i'm not sure.

again strange question :), thanks for asking things that never came in my mind, as i never thought of buying a dual-cpu mobo (why should I).

anyway, interesting question, at leaast amazed me a lot.

well it probbably works better if the 2 CPU's are the same, but you should be able to mix them.
if you have a dual socket A motherboard, you could stick in 1 Duron and 1 Athlon XP (they are both socket A) - although I wouldn't reccomend it

Well if I run into some spare parts I will do it and then post the results for your guyz.

im not sure but i would think that u would have to have two of the same processors, but again, im not positive

keep in mind that with two processors, your computer won't run at 200%...at best it will run under 150%...100% being just one processor

Never worked with dual processors but would love to help you. If you could please post a bit more data on your situation like motherboard make and model, tell me what processors you have/want to add to it, what the purpose of the machine is and any other information you think may be helpful. I'll check back later.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom