dual processers

Status
Not open for further replies.

IntelUser101

In Runtime
i was just pondering about and it hit me..when you have 2 processors, say, dual xeons like 2.8's would it turn out to be a 5.6? if so then ill be the fastest gamer of all time with dual 3.0 xeons..peace..post back

nope doesnt work like that. dual cpus is a very tricky subject. and one i know very little about, but i know that intels arent as good for gaming as AMD and if ur gonna spend that much on a system u might aswel get a FX55, cos that is the best gaming cpu out atm.

i can see ur an intel man but have u considered a amd system? if u jump down ur graphics card to a 6800GT and get a fx55 with the money then overclock the graphics card to ultra speeds ur laughing. If u do some research before you buy ul find this will be the best way to go :) please dont flame me just tryin to offer advice

yeah everyone says amd is the best way to go for gaming, but i read on some site or somewhere a while ago that p4's give away a little more performance than amd for a bigger price, and what about for both school work and gaming? what do i go for..xeon.. p4 extreme or an amd athlon 64 fx-55?

well i think the p4 extremes are a waste of money tbh. i would go for teh fx55 any day cos i dont know anything about the xeons. for gaming the fx55 is the best out there, for school work, depending on whatur doin be in word prossesing or making videos makes it more for each chip. if just word and stuff any would do, if ur doin alot of video stuff then the p4s usually win, but the amds arent far behind. If u wanna spend that much on a system the fx55 is the only way to go imho :)

[flame suit] p4's are a waste of money [/flame suit]

The reason why dualies are not soo good in gaming is because of the increased latency the CPU's have. Also, intel's are laggy from the start, which doesnt help at all.

You will not really reach the overhead of your cpu in anything today. With either a FX-55 or a Xeon. I would recommend the FX-55 as well. Getting two Xeon's would be cool, but sadly it would be mostly pointless. Those things are made for servers I believe, they would not be as useful for everyday stuff.

The FX-55 will outperform any Intel processor right now, no questions asked. This includes Intel favoured applications such as Video Editing, Image Rendering, and other mathematical processes.

Even if you want to compare dual Xeons or Opterons, the price/performance ratio just doesn't compare, the FX-55 is the best processor for its value at the moment.

This doesn't even account for overclocking, I assume you could pump that puppy up the 3Ghz fairly easily. That thing would just be untouchable. :p

what would be the cheapest price for an fx55, cuz i know they are expensive, i just want the cheapest price i can get, im switching to amd,lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom