Dual Monitors Sleep

Slacker

Slacking Guru
I have two identical 24 inch displays. One is connected by VGA and the other by HDMI- The computer is set to sleep after a certain amount of time. Whenever I wake the machine only the VGA monitor turns back on. I have to physically turn the other(HDMI) monitor on. Is this a software or hardware conflict? and can anybody share any info on why this happens?

Last edited:
I have two identical 24 inch displays. One is connected by VGA and the other by HDMI- The computer is set to sleep after a certain amount of time. Whenever I wake the machine only the VGA monitor turns back on. I have to physically turn the other(HDMI) monitor on. Is this a software or hardware conflict? and can anybody share any info on why this happens?

Have you tried the HDMI monitor individually? and tried swapping the cable? update driver?

Is the GPU new?

Last edited:

Sounds like the monitors power options are telling it to turn off after a timeout duration is met, rather than going to sleep.

Back
Top Bottom