Dual Monitors Sleep - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Computer Hardware > Monitors, Printers and Peripherals
Click Here to Login

Old 02-17-2015, 07:36 AM   #1 (permalink)
Slacking Guru

Default Dual Monitors Sleep

I have two identical 24 inch displays. One is connected by VGA and the other by HDMI- The computer is set to sleep after a certain amount of time. Whenever I wake the machine only the VGA monitor turns back on. I have to physically turn the other(HDMI) monitor on. Is this a software or hardware conflict? and can anybody share any info on why this happens?

Slacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2015, 08:44 AM   #2 (permalink)
Monster Techie

Default Re: Dual Monitors Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
I have two identical 24 inch displays. One is connected by VGA and the other by HDMI- The computer is set to sleep after a certain amount of time. Whenever I wake the machine only the VGA monitor turns back on. I have to physically turn the other(HDMI) monitor on. Is this a software or hardware conflict? and can anybody share any info on why this happens?
Have you tried the HDMI monitor individually? and tried swapping the cable? update driver?

Is the GPU new?

Old 02-17-2015, 01:55 PM   #3 (permalink)
The strange one

Default Re: Dual Monitors Sleep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slacker View Post
Sounds like the monitors power options are telling it to turn off after a timeout duration is met, rather than going to sleep.

iParanormalx is offline   Reply With Quote