Dual Monitors with GeForce 6600GT: Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

FadingTheory

I Rule You
I have an easy question... Is is possible to configure a 6600GT to put out Dual video, a VGA to 17" CRT, and an S-VIdeo to Composite to 21" TV, and have each with different resolutions? And if so, how? Will I need to do it from the windows diplay options, or use NVidia software?

Note: The setup is allready done, I just need to know how to have two different resolutions.

I don't think it'll do different resolutions for each screen, but I've never even tried setting it up that way before. Because the only option I know of is, that you can select 'Extend Desktop' but then theres no seperate resolution options, but hey if you figure it out, let us know :D

No. Dual monitors can't display at different resolutions (I know because I've tried doing it myself ;) ).

But let us know how you get on with Monitor/TV combo though; I'm thinking of doing the same myself and I'd be interesting to see how it looks...

I got it to do it. Used NTune.

All you need to do is right click on the desktop, select NVidia Displays, and select the particular display you want to change. Changing the resolution iin this manor works on only that display, rather than if you just opened it from the Display box, or the Toolbox.

Maybe that will help someone else.

The TV/CRT combo is pretty neat. I can watch a movie on the larger TV screen (it will be even better when I can get Nero to properly rip my DVDs), and do pretty much anything on the other. For some reason, I cannot play complicated games and do something else on the other screen: perhaps because the game is taking up to much of the Video Cards resources. I'm going to tinker around with settings: perhaps if I lower resolution, it will work.

Thanks for everyones inputs.

The games take up ALL your system resources. You can't expect to play games AND do stuff on the other monitor. Unless it's solitair or minefield of course :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom