dual monitors cant get colors to match

raverx3m

Daemon Poster
i finally found a decent deal on second monitor LG flatron W2252TQ
settings are identical
the new monitor is slightly more yellowish white than my original one no matter what i do it doesnt get to that pure white background like i have on my main screen

i tried playing with every combination of settings but its just not getting close enough for me to be satisfactory
what canbe the problem? backlight going out and how can i tell

Attachments

• 20171124_215813.jpg
    20171124_215813.jpg
    106.6 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
both off the same card. its a dual output card. i tried monitor settings and tried to adjust color settings on the nvidia control panel.
the white is not the same on the second monitor.
if the power supply capacitors are busted can it affect the screen coloring?
it has high pitch during standby
and starts up a bit hazy image and clears up in about 30 seconds or so
i saw theres a kit i can buy on ebay for like 12 bucks to replace power caps for this monitor but need to figure out if thats the problem or the backlight/converter is busted

I doubt seriously it's that. You have 2 cheap TN panels there and they're not all made the same as quality control isn't going to be as tight as an IPS panel trying to meet color demands. A few years ago I had 3 matching brand new Asus screens that didn't match as well. Nothing really that could be done about it.

You can spend a couple hundred $ on a monitor color calibration tool. But unless you're doing graphic design work professionally...I wouldn't bother.

Last edited:
That is going to be the only way you would get both monitors to 'match' would be to use a color calibration tool but I agree with carnageX, it is not worth it and also you might go through calibration and find they never will match because of differences at manufacturing even though they are the same product, it is just how it is. If LaCie still made monitors for laymen, if you bought 2 LaCie monitors you would get a match but they no longer make their great monitors...Big Time Let Down.

Back
Top Bottom