Dual monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blacklilac

Beta member
I was wondering if anybody knew if it was possible to use dual monitors with one monitor going into a PCI video card and another monitor going into my onboard. If nobody knows of a way to do this i'll go buy a connector changer (I'm cheap, rather try doing it a free way than having to pay for it:p )

Motherboard: ACSElite K7SOM
Video Card: Radeon 7000 PCI

If you need any more info just ask me.
Thank you in advance for anybody who helps me ;)

i dont think so xcause if ur mobo senses another form of video out put it shuts one down i beleive but try it out. since uu have everything there just go for it cant harm anything. and if somehting goes wrong just reformat.

I think timmer might be right, but if it doesn't, then there is no reason to not try it. I would do some heavy testing on the setup though. I have heard that two diffrent types of video cards can sometimes create driver confilcts that result in system instability. My only real point of caution would be to ake sure that your "good" video card runs your primary monitor, otherwise games might not work so well.

I've already tried a number of things. What I need to do though is find a way to force the 2nd monitor onto the onboad video card, I only get options to put on my radeon.

Does the second video card appear in the hardware manager? As timmer said, sometimes mobos automatically disable their onboard, mine does, and there is nothing in BIOs to suggest it, just a little mention in the manual.

I think its a long shot. MOST motherboards (I dont wanna say all, cause I havent seen them all) have the option to choose where to get video from. The ones ive seen usually ask to get onboard or external. So you can have multiple PCI video cards (or 1 PCI and 1 AGP) working together, but not onboard and PCI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom