Dual Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

bru8002

Beta member
Ok, so I know about KVM and dual output video cards, but what is the best way to simply and inexpensively split two monitors from a single source. I don't mind losing quality. This is only for one of my rebuilt comps that I only use to play and power my surround sound stereo. I have monitors set up for visuals on either side of the unit, but can only use one. Please help!

I have never tried it, but as long as you have the main Video card set up to run 1st in the bios (ie use AGP on startup) and use the latest drivers/OS then it shouldn't be too difficult. This is how many older dual screen systems work.

well true but from other people on this forum have said its buggy, me im getting a new vga that has dual DVi so i dont have to have to vga cards.

Hey, these are computers, nothings simple or guaranteed. I agree that a dual output card is better and easier but bru8002 is on a budget and may even have a box of old bits (if he's anything like me). I'm assuming he isn't going to be running anything too intensive on the dual screen.

well all i know is if he card get his hands on a vodoo card they are old but they are one on the best for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom