Dual Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNiPeRViRuS

In Runtime
I have an extra 17inch CRT monitor just lying around the house, and i was wondering, is it worth hooking up with my PC. i have a CTX 17 inch LCD monitor right now. And if i do hook it up, is there any software that lets me control wats on one screen or something. my card is a regular 6800.

you can make it an 'extended desktop' so basically it's just what it says...the other monitor becomes part of the desktop as if you had a widescreen, but you couldn't like play a game on one screen and then do whatever on the other because obviously the game has to take control over the system basically, but you could have winamp and downloads going over on the monitor on the right and have browser windows open on the monitor infront of you stuff like that. Depends on what kind of graphics card you have, but there's always an extended desktop option.

i tried this once and found myself more baffled by the way nview stretched my desktop and couldnt get it to keep most my settings and everything else i had told it to do... so i decided to go back down to one, this was a few driver revisions ago tho, so i wish you luck... IMO stick with one monitor for personal use

I don't know what exactly you did Leonidas, but you don't have to use the Nview desktop manager. There is simply an option for 'Extended Desktop' and that doesn't mess with your settings at all...it just displays a black desktop on the other monitor if he uses it that way. I say you hook them both up and see if you like it

mine was some sort of software came on a discwith the original drivers... i updated the drivers and itwas still there pretty sure it was called nview... but oh well perhaps im mistaken on that... but it wouldnt keep what i wanted, would stretch and unstretch certain parts of my desktop i had placed on different monitors... it was a mess, perhaps my fault :D

Well when you install nvidia drivers it generally comes with Nvidia Nview, but like I said, generally there's a simple check box which says 'Extend desktop' so I don't know what you went through, but there's a much simpler way ;)

It looks a lot better if you have 2 of the same monitors, but it doesn't really matter.

you can use two different monitors...you could do a monitor and a TV if you wanted...you simply need to enable extended desktop, but like FireFox said, the desktops will look different on CRT than it will on an LCD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom