Dual Monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.

The51

In Runtime
Hi,

I'm new to Tech-Heaven.

Here's my problem....Im running dual monitors in Windows XP Professional. The two video cards I have is a GeForce2 Ti AGP4x(default monitor) and a GeForce2 MX PCI(secondary monitor). When I start up my computer it just sits there, I've found a way to trick it in to starting by unplugging one of the monitors and letting the computer boot into windows. When I do that everything works fine.

Can anybody help me?

Thanx,
The51

OK

Thanx for the post that helped alot, but i have another issue. i switched my 'init display first' to my agp(it was originally set to pci). when i start up my computer my agp card with my monitor hooked up to it work fine, but the pci card doesn't work at all. I found out that my pci card cannot start.

I have the AGP card in the AGP slot and the PCI card is in the second PCI slot, only because my AGP card blocks the first PCI slot.

I dont know how to help you.. but I do know that when I get home I'm putting my old PCI vid. card back in there.. muahhaa :D

The51 .. If i'm right both ur PCI n' AGP would not be intialised prior to windows ....

But once in windows .. u should be able to activate both cards ...
Also ..since both ur card's are based on Nvidia chipsets .. the utility called Nview should be able to help u out

Ok I got my computer to recogonize the two cards that I have, but windows cannot start the PCI card with a monitor plugged into it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom