Dual monitor setup

Status
Not open for further replies.

gurusan

Golden Master
I'm using a CRT and LCD in a Dual monitor setup and would like to have the LCD refresh rate at 60hz and the CRT at 75 or so.

Is there any way to assign refresh rates to each individual monitor?

you would have to buy two different graphics cards and hook up each monitor to them.

DO NOT ask me about which Graphics card to buy, as i am a Noob at graphics cards/chipsets.

Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa..... Whoa. Before we get off on the subject of buying a second card, lets get something straight. You can set each monitor to it's own refresh rates. I currently have my LCD on 75hz and my CRT on 70hz.

Right click the desktop and click Properties (or control panel > display) > Settings Tab > there should be 2 little boxes. if you click on, you can click the advanced button for it > go to the monitor tab, then select the appropriate refresh rate. > repeat for the other monitor now.

yes, me too. if you cant select the boxes for some reason, use the litte drop down list to pick 'graphics card' or 'graphics card secondary'

AnthraX said:
Whoa, Whoa, Whoa, Whoa..... Whoa. Before we get off on the subject of buying a second card, lets get something straight. You can set each monitor to it's own refresh rates. I currently have my LCD on 75hz and my CRT on 70hz.

Right click the desktop and click Properties (or control panel > display) > Settings Tab > there should be 2 little boxes. if you click on, you can click the advanced button for it > go to the monitor tab, then select the appropriate refresh rate. > repeat for the other monitor now.
why is the refresh rate on your LCD higher than on the CRT?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom