Dual Monitor as one, problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

LA1978chik

Baseband Member
Hello.
I have two monitors that match exactly. They are actually LG tv's. I have each monitor hooked into a Matrox DH2G DP edition with HDMI at the TV end and Display Port at the DH2G. I have a HDMI cord coming from the video card (480GTX) to another cord. This cord has HDMI at one end and Display Port at the other, which is then plugged into the DH2G. Power to the DH2G is USB.
I have downloaded the latest drivers and have run the setup but no glory. The only way to see my windows is by using my old DVI cord converted to RGB.
side note:, my TV's cannot detect DVI
side note:, I want to be able to stretch my desktop thus the reason for this setup.
I wonder if someone has first hand experience with this type of setup. I would give my phone # if it would be easier for a walk-through.

View attachment 5104

Thanks for taking the time!

Attachments

• P1010243.jpg
    P1010243.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 49
I'm having trouble following you; so bear with me. You want to connect both of your TV's to your computer as a dual monitor setup, correct? What model TV's, and GPU do you have?

+1 on the sketch, by the way. Always interesting to see artwork on TF. :p

I apologize for the lack of information. I'm just never sure what is needed when I start a thread. Both TV's are model numbers 42LK450. Also, when I select input on the remote, there is no option for DVI. That is why I went with the DH2G DP edition. The Matrox website gives a chart showing how to maintain resolution when using the various hook-up methods available.
DualHead2Go Connectivity Requirements

I may have to try that if Matrox support fails tomorrow. I would like to know why it doesn't work with the way I have it now though. Seems like I keep whipping out the credit card time and time again.
Oh, By the way, just in case you're wondering, I can run a HDMI to HDMI from the PC to the screen directly and of course the one screen works just fine. My point of this is that my TV does see HDMI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom