Dual Core Processors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

n3wt3ch

Baseband Member
Any suggestions as to which is better overall for editing 300+ resolution Photoshop images, editing video and creating and editing 3D graphics? I really like AMD and would like to stick with them (if it's smart) but I just keep hearing about how much better the Intel's are when it comes to editing and multi tasking. Can you guys throw out some good processor suggestions. Also, is there something special I need to look for as far as compatible motherboards? For what I'm doing do I even need dual core?

Definitely go intel, i have and never had a problem. AMD may be cheaper and better for games, but yes, Intel does so much better with doing different things at once (like background rendering in editing). Image editing doesn't require much, I used a 1 ghz computer and had no problem with images, but editing, ya gotta go more than 2 ghz. One more bit of advice: do NOT get a celeron for editing, get a p4 at least 2 ghz.

crh0872 said:
Definitely go intel, i have and never had a problem. AMD may be cheaper and better for games, but yes, Intel does so much better with doing different things at once (like background rendering in editing). Image editing doesn't require much, I used a 1 ghz computer and had no problem with images, but editing, ya gotta go more than 2 ghz. One more bit of advice: do NOT get a celeron for editing, get a p4 at least 2 ghz.

Ok first off your talking about how good intel's are, what is your experince with dual core AMD's or intel's.

Second of all yoru telling him to get a 2.0GHZ processor and intel are better at multitasking, but the 2.0GHZ intel's didnt have hyperthreading and they dont have an advtange in multitasking over comparable AMD's at that time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom