Dual Core Goodness

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nubius

Golden Master
Appearantly the dual cores that will be released will be supported by every socket 939 motherboard that can support the FX series...all that will be needed is a BIOS update...good news indeed. However...one thing is though that AMD won't be making dual core FX chips until about 2006, they feel the 'gamer wont benefit from it' but as the article points out, gamers do more than just game...IMO even if the gaming won't take hold of it right away, I'd still want it for other programs like photoshop even, soooo basically go knows when we'll see nice unlocked FX's with dual cores.

http://www.pcper.com/article.php?aid=122

Ditto, I figure a minimum of a year will go by before I upgrade, but I expect more than a year honestly. Can you imagine when FX-55's will be looked at like 2GHz durons are today? "Oh man you have a cheap FX-55, upgrade that crap dude" lol

Ditto, I figure a minimum of a year will go by before I upgrade, but I expect more than a year honestly. Can you imagine when FX-55's will be looked at like 2GHz durons are today? "Oh man you have a cheap FX-55, upgrade that crap dude" lol

Lol, i think about that. I remember when i had a 486 DX 2, and it was decent!

They will more than likely be top of the line chips, soooo anywhere from $800-$1000 probably, I'm hoping I can get one by the time I upgrade, but I'll need it to come down in price by about ...ooooh $800 bucks haha

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom