Dual Channel Ram, what is the real story?

Status
Not open for further replies.

scoe4

Baseband Member
I just bought an Asus A7N8x-E Deluxe, I am still waiting for it to get here. I read through the description and the specs from the e-tailer I bought it from. Now, I was to the understanding that all three memory banks are dual channel. I was then told that only the first bank will support dual channel ram. I d/l the manual for the board and it is very vaige as to whether one or all three banks are dual channel. Can someone shed some light on this? Along with the board I also bought 2x512mg of dual channel ram, I hope I did not waste my money on the two sticks when only one will run at dual channel.. thanks for any help!!

i heard that "dual channel" rated RAM only refers to the fact that it has been tested in a dual channel environment...is it true that any two sticks (as long as they are identical) will run in dual channel mode?

BlindApex said:
i heard that "dual channel" rated RAM only refers to the fact that it has been tested in a dual channel environment...is it true that any two sticks (as long as they are identical) will run in dual channel mode?

Yes, that true as long as your mobo supports dual channel:confused:

Thanks for the info peeps, I went through the manual again, and I did find the configuration panel for the ram slots, it is a small frame on a page, hard to spot if one was just scimming through. On the Asus A7N8X-E Deluxe all three slots support dual channel, it is either slots 1 and 3 or slots 2 and 3 or all three slots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom