Dual Channel Ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

AuThoRitY

Daemon Poster
Alright heres the story building a new system and heres the ram I'm looking at and likeing.

"Corsair TwinX Dual Channel 512x2 pc3200 400mhz OverClocked ram"

It is 129.99 and I have a link to it, so you can tell me if timings seem ok....

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=618631&sku=C13-5102 PT

Anyway the real question was. My new board is the DFI LanParty UT Ultra-D nForce 4 Chipset. It has 4 ram slots, and there are 2 sets on the board seperated in groups of 2, each group has 2 different colors... Does this mean that I have dual channel ram capabilities? Or how would I do this if I bought that ram, would I put one stick on the one color on a group and the other stick on the opposite group but on the same color? Is that dual channel? Or,,, how does this work some information would be great... Thanks

dont know if you can tell like that. if its socket 939 it supports dual channel memory. i read a review on newegg that said that ram didnt work w/ that mobo. not sure if its true or not though

The DFI board is colour friendly, dual channel would either be Y1 and Y2, or O1 and O2.

I will be frank with you, Corsair disgusts me and are in my opinion the most overrated company around. I have better recommendations however without knowing whether you wish to overclock or not I can't tell you.

I will however suggest a set of BH-5 chips, they will overclock to 270MHz easy and with about 3.7v will do 1.5-2-2-5 easy. You'll need to rig up some active cooling over them but it's well worth the trouble. Not to mention BH-5 is dirt cheap.

Ok sounds good. I'll look into that. I have the slightest clue on how to OC ram I just saw the caption OPTIMIZED FOR GAMING. So I figured I'll try it.... I dunno,

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom