Dual Channel Memory, can it work on lanes 2&4?

Status
Not open for further replies.

algu7344

In Runtime
Im pretty sure im right, but cant memory be ran on lanes 2 and 4 with only 2 sticks of memory?

Ahh what the snuff...I guess I closed the window on this instead of hitting reply or somethin lol

Depends on the mobo man, what are you using?

The MSI Neo2-Platinum was anal with the slots, and depending on the slots depended on dual channel working or whether or not it'd be DDR400 or limit it to DDR333

1&3 should be your safe bet, with 2&4 you'd need to read the manual just to make sure

You gotta use 1 and 3 before you use 2 and 4. Using 2 and 4 is pretty much the same as putting just one stick in bank 2 and expecting it to work, it wont. You use banks 1 and 3, then you can go to 2 and 4.
That is not only incorrect but hardly makes sense.

You really need to read up on your stuff as I've seen you post a lot of information lately that is just completely off.

The manual will clearly state which ones gives you dual channel. The idea that you gotta use 1&3 THEN you're 'able' to use 2 & 4 is just ridiculous

my ram is in slots 1 and 2 so it is in dual channal because slots 1 and 3 are the same channal so it owuldnt work

k8n msi neo2 platinum nforce 3 ultra mobo

In my motherboard manual it says 1 + 2 for dual channel, and 3 + 4 for more dual channel

It all depends on the motherboard.

Him said:
Nah dude, 1 and 3 and 2 and 4 are dual channel. If you put the sticks in 1 and 2, it will run as normal RAM, not DC.

thats why when i run cpu-z or whatever it is it says single channal if its in slots 1 and 3 but dual when its in 1 and 2?

It's nothing 'self righteous' man, as you are clearly not wording it right.

What exactly does 'gotta use 1 & 3 before you use 2 & 4' exactly mean then if you know it's correct.

So how about this, instead of assuming you're right and thinking I'm just an overbearing ass, why don't you make yourself clear.

As for 'why dont you post the correct information' I already did in addition to correcting yours.

Ok, just to settle this, algu, give the kind of board you have so I can post which DIMM slots you want to use.

Yet another misunderstanding of words. By saying "Why dont you post the correct information" I was hinting towards the fact that instead of correcting me you chose to just say that I was wrong and not say whats right. Here, I will rephrase it.

"Then Why dont you correct me, and tell people what the correct information is" Not mocking, patronizing, or any concauction of the two.

k8n msi neo2 platinum nforce 3 ultra mobo. That is Echo_ motherboard. Here

Dude, I've come across many types of people that say the same thing as you before....always saying 'Whatever man you dont understand what Im saying'

and the fact is, if I'm not getting what you're saying when I know what I'm talking about, then what are the chances that someone who doesn't know about computers will know.

Being that I already had given him the information he needed there was no need to repeat myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom