Dual Channel Memory..

Status
Not open for further replies.

d4rkn355

Solid State Member
Hi.. I am having trouble making my dual channel memory run in Dual Channel Mode in the bios. I have an ASRock P4V88 Motherboard and 2x512 MB DDR400 Dual channel Ram sticks in 1 first and third memory sockets. If you could help.. that would be greatly appreciated. thx.

You don't set it in the bios, it will run dual channel automatically if in the right slots.

yes this is a dual channel motherboard and the two sticks are in banks 1 and 3 which are the blue ones and the other two are black.. but in the bios is still says its in dual channel mode. Im pretty sure this is dual channel ram.

RAM is not dual channel. Your motherboard is what determines if you can run RAM in dual channel mode.

Go to www.cpuid.com and download CPU-Z Go to the memory tab in CPU-Z and that will tell you if you are running in dual channel.

All that did was tell me that im running in Single channel mode.. which i already know.. I just need to know why my ram isnt running in dual-channel mode. :(

Just because you have 2 sticks of RAM does not mean it will run dual channel. If the latency timings and or speeds are different on the sticks, it most likely will not run in dual channel.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom