ahh here's a guide for you:
1. Insert the Microsoft Windows 95 boot diskette into the floppy drive and the Microsoft Windows 95 cd into the cd-rom, then power on the computer.
2. If the boot diskette doesn?t automatically start the Windows 95 setup and drops you at an a:\> or c:\> go to the cd-rom drive prompt and type X:\>setup then press enter.
3. You will be prompted to let setup to a routine check on your system, Continue by pressing, ?lt;b>ENTER?
4. After the system check Windows will prompt with a Windows 95 Dialog box welcoming you to the Microsoft Windows 95 Setup. Press ENTER to continue.
5. Read the Software License Agreement and press YES if you agree and NO if you do not. By selecting NO you will exit the Setup and by pressing YES you will continue with the setup.
6. Windows setup will now be at the, ?lt;b>Collecting information about your computer?phase. Press Next Button.
7. At the next windows it will ask where you want to install this installation of Windows 95. It is recommended to install Windows 95 under c:\windows
8. Windows will now prep the c:\windows directory and go onto the Options phase on the setup.
9. At the Options Panel you have four choices. Typical (recommended for most computers), Portable (Windows will be setup with options that are useful for portable computers), Compact (To save disk space, none of the optional components will be installed) and Custom (For Advanced users and system administrators only. You can customize all available Setup options).
10. Makes your desired Selection. This How to Install Manual will continue with the Typical Setup.
11. Select Typical and press next.
12. You will be prompted to enter your Microsoft Windows 95 OEM Number. This can be found on the cover of your Microsoft Windows 95 Booklet. After you have entered your OEM number, double check your entry and if it is correct, press next.
13. The next step is User Information; enter your Name and Company.
14. Analyzing Your Computer is the next step in the setup. If you have a network adapter, select ?Network Adapter? If you have Sound, Midi or Video Capture Card, select it. The press Next.
15. Setup with now Scan your computer to see what kind of hardware is in your computer. This can take a few minutes.
16. Windows Components is the next step of the setup phase. Take the Recommended choice and press next.
17. Windows Setup will prompt you and ask if you want to create a startup disk. Select NO then press next.
18. Windows will ask if you are ready to let the setup phase copy the require files to run Windows 95 on your computer. Press next. This will take approximately 10 to 20 minutes depending on your computer.
19. After Windows setup had completed the System files transfer it will prompt to, ?Restart your computer and finish the setup? press Finish.
20. Windows will now setup your computer to fit your needs such as, time zone and Printer Setup. If you do not have a printer, press Cancel and then when prompted to reboot, press OK.
21. After Windows reboots and you see the ?lt;b>Welcome to Windows 95?welcome screen, press Close and install any drivers for hardware or software you desire.
I am the yellow one.