DSL over a phone line

Status
Not open for further replies.
( I apologize for explaining it wrong in the first post, I wasnt COMPLETELY sure of what it was I wanted to kno...so just assume the last post I made, to be my actualy question

yea, but take it a step further dude....put the 2 pieces together......u have a VPN connection given what you showed me correct? Well if you have ever worked with networking and bridges or the internet connection sharing funcitionality...then you just enable that and VIOLA! you have internet! THATS what I was trying to figure out! I just needed some reassurance before I went out and spent my last 15 measly years of my life savings on two DSL modems ;~) .

well, yes and no. you could use wireless access points to connect and share that way, otherwise you'd be looking at having to route to some sort of backbone, rather it be a T1 or whatever (to access internet). You can hook into a school, library, hospital, etc network, but I SERIOUSLY doubt they would like that and I'm not sure exactly on the legal standpoints.

if you don't know how DSL works, then with all due respect, dont reply, because Nubius,
I wasn't the only one who posted there....and if you want to try and pick one person out of the whole group simply because I'm a mod...well then I suggest you don't do it because it won't lead you anywhere good.

You better calm yourself with this little attitude you seem to be having as I wasn't the only one who posted in your little thread here child.

I apologize for explaining it wrong in the first post, I wasnt COMPLETELY sure
Yeah..now you even say you weren't sure..and admitted to possibly writing it wrong...

Don't single me out like that again...

and you still told me your counter theory of how it COULDNT work. I KNOW what a LAN cord is...I KNOW the difference between an RJ47 and an RJ11 cord...*takes a deep breath*...there....chew on that for a while
There was no counter theory...I was simply letting you know of what I did know...also being that I have to address the most simplistic of questions every day...am I supposed to be freakin psychic and ASSUME you know what everything is?

We've dealt with plenty of you impatient childlike people as it is...and guess what...they last a week and get banned.....

Chew on THAT a while

since its all about experience with you i'll start by saying its been awhile since ive been in the vocational school i went to, which im willing to guess youre in one at the moment. but nevertheless....

during school the general rule of thumb was if it hadnt been done 99% chance it wasnt possible. we all had theories, but either through some research or asking the teacher we soon had our dreams shot down.

so with that in mind your best bet is to find someone who has done it which you had originally tried to do with your post. i mean if nobody asked questions new things would never come around. but its pretty pointless to single people out for not believing your idea is possible. there is such thing as a constructive back and forth arguement with a friendly solution.

when you re-explained everything it was helpful for the constructive aspect, but being a jerk wasnt. just a little thought.

but yeah with allllll that out of the way, i could see how itd be possible, but id give your provider a call. and im not sure if its possible to use a VPN over the internet with DSL speeds cause you arent technically on the same network and would have to travel through multiple routers to reach each other, if you really want quicker uploads or whatever youre shooting for, upgrade you DSL package to more bandwidth.

good luck with whatever you try

Nubius, I apologize. It was out of line and I suppose I jumped the gun a bit. There's not an excuse for it. Won't happen again :~)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom