a DRRRRRR situation.....PS cables wont reach MoBo!! HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GasganoFJ60

Beta member
Ok....i bought the new AeroCool Spirlal series case for my new pc project. Its an inverted case. MoBo is reversed and upside down...blah blah blah...anyhow....cause of this...the mobo and CPU cables from the PS wont reach the board!! How stupid is that? The PS came with adapters to convert the 20pin to a 24pin and the 4pin to a 8pin...so I was thinking of just getting some 24pin-20pin and 8pin-4pin to make the distance....that should work ok shouldnt it? Another question, where can I find these adapters. I can find the 24-20, but no 8-4. Anyone know where I can pick these up? Anyone have any bright ideas?

^that doesnt answer his question.

Check to see if they make extensions. I am sure they do. I would check your local computer store or search on newegg.

SHAWN said:
^that doesnt answer his question.
Yeah it did. He asked where he could find cables, and Elbatrop1 pointed him to NewEgg.com. I'm sure GasganoFJ60 can take it from there.

As for my O on this topic, I suppose the double extension will work, but I personally wouldn't do it. Not only is more connectors a pain, but I'm wondering what the length extension will do to the ability for the PSU and mobo to effectively provide and manage the power of the system. BTW, it seems strange to me that, given the fact that most PSU's have a cable-length standard, that a case manuf would build a case where they new the PSU cables wouldn't reach the connections for the mobo. Sounds fishy to me.

ive tried

Yeah, Ive tried looking for extensions for them. I managed to find one...ONE...site that has them for sale...the exact ones I need(Antron.com) but the people working there arent much help in getting an order through. And all my local computer guys Ive checked with either tell me to get a smaller case or a new PS, or they stare at me like I just asked them to eat their own faces. Ill try NewEgg, though.
thanks.

Buy the molex connectors and make the wires yourself. It's a common practice among modders and not difficult to do. Just don't burn your house down with faulty wiring. :D

Just don't burn your house down with faulty wiring.

LOL. Switch to CNN: Breaking News! Local Man Burns house down while wiring his PC. HAHAHA. lol. Man recieves 1st degree burns at the hands.

you can just et cables like 4-pin Adapters, they should extend the length, I remember getting an Octtopus Cable off of Ebay quite awhile back that added alot more connectors plus length :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom