driver,download,file

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgray

In Runtime
this might have a simple solution but i don't know it.i downloaded a driver for a linksys wireless card. i accidently put it in a folder that can't open it:(c:\documents\wmp5gg dri...etc. can't read this file.this is not a valid bit.map file or its format is not currently supported.) my one option id to click ok and be stuck. i even tried to down load again but got the same meesage. i just want to get the driver. i'm gonna have a nervous breakdown by ther time i get this pc right. somebody help again

Try to save the file to your desktop for easy access. Also when you mean by a driver is it an EXE or some type of driver file like a .dll?

i downloaded a soundcard driver and had no problem. i did this the same way and i'm having all kinds of trouble.

ok this is what you do. Open up add new hardware. Let your computer detect your wireless card. When it says it is looking for drivers, select specify a location, and then select that driver file and it should work.

the pc i'm using is obviously on line. the one i'm trying to fix isn't, therefore i can't download from the internet. my working pc doesn't have a floppy drive, only cd burning. when i downloaded to cd the other pcs cd-rom drive doesn't read it. it has no problem with any other cd though. i switched my rr connection to the offline pc and got online. the problem was i had an ethernet card in the new connected cd, and also had the wireless adapter card in a slot at the same time. i found pc would freeze with both cards in there, so i took the wireless out.now can i download the driver without thewireless card physically instralled in a pci slot. did you get all that also devic manager is only recognizing the ethernet adapter. understand? it's about to drive me nuts. i actually deleted thefile and downloaded it again but it still was in paint

it doesn't detect it because the ethernet card neutralizes or something. they both can't be installed at the same time. i can't have both cards in at the same time and i have to have the ethernet card in to get on line and download the driver. can a driver be downloaded before the hardware is installed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom