Drive problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
are you having strong exhaust in ur system? as normally optical drives shows problem, as if ur system has faster exhaust at back, and either NO or slower fans at front. this creates a suction inside the casing. then AIr tries getting inside from everywhere. and sometimes passed through the optical drives as well. and the dirt is KILLER.

try cleaning it with CD based clearners, else get it replaced. and not to worry as if this is 5 months old my Sont CD-RW died in just 3 months just because of this suction thingi i told. after that, I keep one front slot open, and as well used a slower and quieter 120MM fan at back.

yes, but as u dont have already the cleaning kit (whihc i assumed u had), i'll advice better to get the DVD replaced.

as if there is some other problem, and using the cleaner didnt showed up results, u'll end up scolding me for that extra bucks i made u to spend buying the cleaning kit. :)

The wierd thing though is that it did a hour ago reconize the music disk but then then it froze up. Im not sure if it made a clcicking sound how ever so what do you think?

Any idea? I really dont want to go through the hasle of replace it:(

EDIT: I guess replace it no big deal, Ill look at the comp store tommarow and thank you very for you help. I REALLY apprecaite it:)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom