A drive not working

Status
Not open for further replies.

schulz269

Daemon Poster
there is something wrong with this computer and it posts a error that there is something wrong with botting up to instert the system recovery disk but i don't have a recover disk.

then i put in a win 98 boot up disk to clean the hd out but it jsut wants to read ofmr the cd drive and says the a: fails and i have it in the bois that the a: is first but the a: is faili and i don't know what do to. i am open to any suggestions. I have tried to hook up a new floppy disk drive but it still dind't work said it failed again. Thanks a lot

has this drive normally worked before? If not, just go into the BIOS and make sure that it is enabled. I suggest that you reformat and go from their, that would be the easiest thing to do, unless you can give up more specifics about that problem and then we can try to solve it.

ok well here it its a freind computer ..long story short. need it to be fixed i got on it and i had to take to reset the bois cuase he dind't know the master password then when i got on there it said that the boot failed and to but the system recovery disk in and press enter and i do not have that or does he. so i talked to a person and he said that to reformat it and so i got the bootdisk made form bootdisk.com or something like that and when i put it in the ocmputer and start it up i go to the bois command and made sure evething was right and then i saved and exited and then when it came to the floppy drive the said

"floppy disk drive failed (40)

and then when i hit f1 it says error again to but system recovery disk in and hit enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom