DRAM error

Status
Not open for further replies.

reed311

Beta member
Yesterday I booted my computer, only to be greeted with a blank screen and a series of continuous beeps. After looking in my manual it said that something may have come loose, so I took out my RAM and reseated it as well as my video card. The beeping continued.

Looking further into the manual into the beep codes, I found that I had a DRAM error. I have 2 memory sticks in dual-channel, so I took each stick and tried both of them in each socket individually.... more beeping, no matter what the configuration.

I have had the computer for several months and have never encountered this error. If you have any possible answers please tell me. I can't even access the BIOS, all I see is a blank screen and beeps.

did you try resetting the bios?, i know i got a dram error the other day cause i set the memory timings wrong by accident

first, where is the cell battery? and how would i take it out? second, would i need to reinstall windows?

thanks for the tip, but where is the cell battery??? and will resetting the battery make me lose my OS??? and one final question, will this fix my problem?

we dont know yet if it will solve the problem. but, as suggested above I would clear NVRAM by jumper and not battery. You set the jumper to the clear/recovery setting, boot, it'll say something like CMOS cleared by jumper... shut down, and put the jumpers back on the defualt/normal pin settings and reboot and save bios changes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom