Doom 3 graphical errors (?)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some games just tear more than others. It all comes down to the engine.

didnt u guys notice he only posted his vid card spec, none of his system specs.. he might be ona Athlon XP 2600+

OK, I've put my basic specs up in my sig (will be expanded sometime).

As you can see I'm using a TFT. Do you think TFT's in general have (more) problems with image tearing?

btw I'll be looking to upgrade my CPU and MoBo towards the end of the year, depending...

either that or the fact you got an XFX brand 6800....I have read nothing but people having troubles with that brand of card. I would suggest eVGA if you were gonna buy a graphics card. It could be something to that nature.....like I said, you're like the 4th person to ask if something is up with their XFX GeForce 6800 card =/

Nubius said:
you're like the 4th person to ask if something is up with their XFX GeForce 6800 card =/

lol Well I've already posted about my 6800 GT here at least once before, so knowing my luck I've probably got a dud card :confused:

Man, I hate even hearing that cause I hate it when it happens to me :/ sucks man. Sounds like XFX just haven't perfected making their cards or something.

You can either enable Verticle Sync and lower the image quality to make up for the loss in performance, or deal with the image tearing. Those are your only two options.

There is nothing wrong with your video card. The reason the tearing is so bad in Doom3, is because of the engine's poor architecture and the frame limit.

Bearing in mind though that I've got no other problems with anything: the card cuts through Far Cry for example. It's probably just my CPU bottlenecking my GPU. YES, Doom 3 is (so I understand) more GPU-orientated than CPU, but nevertheless, surely with a superior processor I'd get better performance?

EDIT: agex000, now come on, since when did John Carmack & co. start to produce a BAD game engine?... Never, imho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom