Doom 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well my in-game alias is Protagonist. and I'm on tracker so if you're serious about playing we could get on teamspeak sometime and have a game (my clan has a TS server). I play pretty much any map but for fun I usually stick to my favorite cqb maps like urban assault, pipeline, mout, weapons cache, etc.

There's a variety of shooting tactics too. I helped to pioneer the uber-1337 crouch 'n' shoot ^trademark^
lol dude that craps been around forever. Sof2 came out in 2002 also....bunny hopping, crouch leaning and shooting, and strafing, all that has been done lol...hate to break it to you but you didn't even remotely pioneer that...maybe the people you played with hadn't seen it or something, then they mustn't have played a lot of games, because that's been out for a looooooooong time.....I hate it when people do that crouch lean crap in sof2, it bugs.

nobody likes AAO at 1st. its so ultra realistic that people who have been playing SoF2 and CS are like huh? Thats a game???
Not even dude.....I am comparing it to sof2, and it looked good from screenshots, then I went to actually play it and it's not at all ultra realistic. Sof2 is more realistic...the graphics are outdated cause yeah it has long since not had patches etc..(speaking of which dale, I did install whatever the latest patches were for AAO)

Yeah you can't beat the fact that it's free, but man....I just dun like it

Nubius said:
lol dude that craps been around forever. Sof2 came out in 2002 also....bunny hopping, crouch leaning and shooting, and strafing, all that has been done lol...hate to break it to you but you didn't even remotely pioneer that...maybe the people you played with hadn't seen it or something, then they mustn't have played a lot of games, because that's been out for a looooooooong time.....I hate it when people do that crouch lean crap in sof2, it bugs.

Not even dude.....I am comparing it to sof2, and it looked good from screenshots, then I went to actually play it and it's not at all ultra realistic. Sof2 is more realistic...the graphics are outdated cause yeah it has long since not had patches etc..(speaking of which dale, I did install whatever the latest patches were for AAO)

Yeah you can't beat the fact that it's free, but man....I just dun like it
Man I was talking about aao. I didn't say I pioneered the duck shoot for sof2, I said I never even played that game!!! I was talking about for aao, so I don't know why you are talking about sof2 when I said I never even played it. Obviously I didn't pioneer anything for a game I never even played.

I mean you installed the latest patches and played WHEN? If I installed the latest patches available for a game 2 years ago then there are more patches out now, that's what I mean if you understand. If you played it within the last month then you did play the latest version, otherwise no.

I know you were talking about AAO, I wasn't talking specifically about either of those games. No matter the game, the tactic of crouch leaning has been applied to every game that allows such movements, it's a very old 'tactic' , that's the point I'm making.

Bunny hopping especially is old as hell

I mean you installed the latest patches and played WHEN?
yes lol it was within this last month, infact I just uninstalled it as of maybe a little over a week ago. I had never played it up until that point. Went through all the training missions, and then played against real players. Just didn't like it.

You need to change your name to antagonist because that's basically what you are around here

Nubius said:
I know you were talking about AAO, I wasn't talking specifically about either of those games. No matter the game, the tactic of crouch leaning has been applied to every game that allows such movements, it's a very old 'tactic' , that's the point I'm making.

Bunny hopping especially is old as hell

yes lol it was within this last month, infact I just uninstalled it as of maybe a little over a week ago. I had never played it up until that point. Went through all the training missions, and then played against real players. Just didn't like it.

You need to change your name to antagonist because that's basically what you are around here

Ladies and Gentlemen, you have just witnessed a magnificent fall of the hammer from Nubius' hand onto Dale's head. perfect aim!

That line is a classic nubius!

::bows bows bows:: Thank you! Thank you all! This award means so much to me. I couldn't have done it without all the help from all the great fans out there like yourselves......You all truly make me the happiest nubioso on the planet :D

ooh look at me I know what protagonist and antagonist means haha....not :(

You are still misinterpreting at usual, I meant I pioneered it ONLY for aao, not games in general. In aao it took a while to become an accepted tactic, in which I believe I was one of the 'pioneers' of these new age tactics. Traditionally in aao everyone would bunny hop because there was a time when you could hop and the burst would finish in the air, they have since taken that out, there was also no meter that went down so you could jump less, you could bunny hop all you want before and really high too, but the lessened that. So while everyone was doing that I started ducking and shooting real fast and going for headshots while they were leaping. The tactic eventually became adopted and now many good players use it. Though the hop is still used, and in combination with the crouching.
And also the lean was not used for a long time. No one really found that the lean was so effective. Everyone would just wait around a corner and maybe crouch but leaning only came in after a long time. There are many things that don't bridge games that easily. BEcuase leaning, crouching etc. are very different from one game to the next. When I play HAlo 2 I can't do any of the same stuff because crouching is hard as heck to do and you can't lean and jumping is slow and stupid and there is almost no way to avoid somebody shooting you.

it's not a new age tactic. You took a retro 'tactic' and adopted it for a 'new age' game..........but ANYWAY, I see what you're saying, but yeaaaah, it seems ridiculous that nobody started to use that since I've seen it adopted into every game since like TFC and before and up to present games

Dale's right about alot of the things that players can do in America's Army. but the thing is that, (and i'm not sure, but i think dale mentioned this before) America's Army implements the movement so well that the fluidity of it is much different than somthing like CS. CS's gameplay is fluid in the sense that its so fast, and smooth. AA's Gameplay is fluid in the sense that its so gracefull in the movement/animations of players. not only that, but in AA, wepons can unexpectedly jam. that is the stuff of great multiplayer gaming. and AA lets you customize your weapons so much that a stock, sopmod M4A1, after being modded can be an automatic sniper rifle complete with suppressor and harris bipod. or, you can have the ultimate cqb rifle with an assortment of reflex sights and aimpoints. not to mention the freaking insane m203 grenade launcher you can put on your M4.

there is a reason gaming magazines/websites say that AA is one of the best multiplayer games ever made. you just need to find it underneath the annoying drill sargent's voice telling you: "That may be you're way, but thats not the Army way!!!"

well CS is completely different from the game sof2 I play which I still think is better than AA. AA has good concepts like the weapon jamming, but I still dont think the movement is realistic like you guys think nor is the bullets hitting someone

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom