Doom 3

Status
Not open for further replies.

locki433

In Runtime
I was just wondering if my Video Card will be good enough to run doom 3. I know it won't run it well, and I'm getting a eVGA 6600GT in a couple of weeks. But I'd like to go ahead and start playing playing before I get it. Will it be completely chopping, or at least playable at low res?

It will work just fine. But once you start rasing the AA/AF ect. You will notice problems. Doom3 is the most demanding game around. Even people with a 6800 have problems handling that game at max settings.

Yea go and play it on low settings. Then when you get your new vid card you can appreciate it more. :D

I would wait to play it, then you can see the whole game with the glory of the 6600 GT, and not have to look at crap graphics for the first few levels.

I just got the doom3 expansion, but I'm gonna wait until that 6800GT freakin arrives before I play it. No way am I gonna bother on this FX 5700..........plus I still gotta beat doom3 lol, when I was playing it way back when, I wound up formatting and just never got around to playing it again :p

beedubaya said:
I would wait to play it, then you can see the whole game with the glory of the 6600 GT, and not have to look at crap graphics for the first few levels.

I guess i would have to agree. Although youll be able to play the game without too much trouble on low settings, the only thing i enjoyed about doom 3 was the cool graphics and lighting effects.

ya know they god mods where it's like having a flashlight at the end of your gun :D

One is the bat signal lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom