dont know

Status
Not open for further replies.

harley88

Baseband Member
hello

well , i dont expect any one to help me but dont know what to do , and this is the only place i have ever got any help.

for the past couple or three days my comp. has been getting all messed up (the screen) and it gets so bad i cant see to shut down the right way , so i use the power button.

well most of the time it will not boot up until i put the xp cd and boot.

a few hours ago it started and after a min or so got the blue screen and it said c0000415 unknown hard error , dumping physical memeory to disk.

well after that it booted up and i had yellow marks in device manager beside display drivers with message to run add hardware wizard so i did .

well has anyone had this happen to them , and are there anything i could try.

thanks much
harley

super and the major

thanks a lot for your reply . i sure do appreciate it.

i am trying to uninstall the old ati drivers and try to install some new ones. but i have tried five or six times in add/remove and in device manager and they will not come out.

i also got another message:vpu recover has reset your grafics acceleator as it was no longer responding to grafics driver commands.

any ideas on how to uninstall display drivers

thanks again
harley

Right Click on My Computer, Go to Properties, then Hardware, then Device Manager, click on Display Adaptors, find your GFX Card and unistall it there by either right clicking and uninstall, or on the littler uninstall picture up top.

The best thing is to use the manufacturer's software to remove itself. That doesn't always work, unfortunately. I have had upon occasion had the vendor's software (or the Add/Remove software control panel) fail to remove the display adapter software while I was using it. You may need to change your display to one of the standard display adapters before you can remove the software. If you boot into safe mode, you should be able to remove the software using the Add/Remove software procedure (as Windows only uses it's own standard VGA driver in safe mode). You can also force Windows to use the Standard VGA driver without using safe mode. This Microsoft Knowledge Base article talks about one way to do that, and I've used this one. However, this Symantec article does, too, and sounds much less complicated. Once you are using the Standard VGA driver, you should be able to uninstall the drivers.

Here's a much easier way to remove the drivers. If you've already uninstalled but some corrupt inf files are still lurking about, use this:

http://www.driverheaven.net/cleaner/

or for info on removing all smartgart, registry cleaning and the ati driver removal tool check out this site and look under system purging. After doing this just reinstall the driver

If you still get errors after cleaning out the Vid drivers etc....then I have to ask when the last time you formatted or even defragged was? Maybe its just time for your computer to be cleaned out completely and have everything fresh installed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom