done putting the comp together, but I have a few more questions...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ice9

In Runtime
First when I put the little gray panel that came with the motherboard that goes over the line in and out connectors and stuff in the back it is really loose. So do I even need to put that on?

Next... Maybe a stupid question, but this is my first build I am wondering how I go about booting it up. Do I just let it boot and then open the cd tray and put in the XP disc? Also how do I use the XP home disc to partition the harddrive? Lastly... for the video card and sound, etc. should I use the cd or go to the companys website for the updates? thanks!

good you got the screws...does the manual say? i think you just put it in the tray...

compy said:
good you got the screws...does the manual say? i think you just put it in the tray...

well im mostly just talking about the xp... did you mean does the manual say how to partition? I'll look...
Im just wondering if I should use the cd for somthing like the radeon 9800 pro or do I get it off the site?

maybe the the panel cover thing is just a little loose from benging or something(i have yet to put one of these in a comp) and i maybe rong but i think it helps ground out the the ports.

when u first start it up, go strait into bios and make the CD rom your first boot device, put winXP in the cd rom, click save and exit in bios.. and it will boot right into XP installation/settup/blabla. once u boot from cd the options(like format and such) are shown to u.

after you get your comp running with xp...then install all of your drivers on the disk.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom