does this sound good?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SteveGTA

In Runtime
ok well my friends brother is starting another company and wants me and my friend to build him 12 computers. here is what we think we might build him.

Cooler Master TAC - T01 Case
AMD Athlon 3700+ San Deigo w/ venus 12 heatsink
DFI Lanparty UT nF4
eVGA 6800GT
OCZ Platinum Rev 2, 1 gig
OCZ Modstream 520W PSU
2 x 160GB Seagate barracudas in RAID 1
DVD rw and CD rw drives

it comes out to about 1650 each.

does this sound good, he said wants some really good computers. he wants them to look cool, and have parts that we would use on our computers because he likes the ones that we have. this is pretty similiar to my computer except it has a few upgrades that i would have done if i had the extra money.(my friend and i have basically the same computer).

does this sound good? idk if i should have built a opteron based system but idk if that is what hes looking for he just wants real nice computers.

any suggestions?

oh yea and with the money that i make what would you guys suggest buying lol...

Sounds like a great set-up.

But aren't those Venus 12's pretty loud? Would it be easier/quiter to choose a different HSF, or even to replace the fan that comes on them with a quieter model?

I mean, unless these rigs are going to be in an industrial/shop set-up, you don't want them sounding like they are revving up for take off, do you?

Trotter said:
Sounds like a great set-up.

But aren't those Venus 12's pretty loud? Would it be easier/quiter to choose a different HSF, or even to replace the fan that comes on them with a quieter model?

I mean, unless these rigs are going to be in an industrial/shop set-up, you don't want them sounding like they are revving up for take off, do you?

Venus 12's are loud on full I have one, but they are light and cool very well.

yea i have on also and i figured out that they cool just as well on low RPM (atleast for me) and theyre light and theyre cool looking :D

i just cant wait to see 12 of these in the same room...

yeah i know lol. i think he will end up making a LOT of money on his business though. i wonder if he'll host a lanparty to celebrate getting the company started.. thatd be sweet ;) lol

will i need to buy a floppy drive for the RAID drivers?

oh yea and if i do should i just buy one and connect it to each comp seperately, install drivers, and take it out and use it on the next one, or should i just buy 12 floppy drives?

that is a good set up....... yah you should just buy a single floppy drive and then just remove it and use it on the other computers when you are done...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom